Sunday, January 23, 2022

SOLD Model 86 Winchester mfg 1889 45-70 Exceptional Condition

 This is a personal rifle of mine that has been in my collection for appx. 25 years.

I am selling it just to see if it will sell. I don't need the money & figure someone may enjoy this rifle for another 50 years+.

Manufactured according to the serial number 1889

I have a Cody Museum letter that states it started out as a 40-65 (I'll confirm that once I review the letter again then I'll post the letter here)

This is a exquisite rifle- bluing is 95% it has been re-barreled very early 1900's so I was told. It did not go thru Doug Turnbull's shop I checked --FYI I use to live 30 miles from Bloomfield NY. 

The barrel has all the Winchester manufactures stampings
Bore is super nice
Receiver case coloring is beautiful
Locks up tight 
Shoots Great





Over all condition I'd rate at 95% Your mileage may vary-


















The stock has a few handling marks for being 133 years old it looks way better than most new firearms I see.

If I read it correctly the SN is 369**
My starting price is $5000.00 if sold directly I'll pay for shipping to your FFL. You can pick it up at my shop as well.     

DON'T EVEN MAKE ME AN OFFER UNDER 5 GRAND

Once it hits the auction sites it will cost you additional fees

The only trade with ca$h I'll consider is a Marlin 32-20 with 26" barrel that has to be in good shooting/working condition. 

Regards BPB



No comments: