Friday, November 22, 2019

Miracle Cleaner Article MB 1992 Not Such a Miracle After All

Cheap and easier is never better. #blackpowderbill
I made some of this up after this article came to me with a CVA Hunter-Hawken I had won. About a year later while shooting on the range, in a match a bit of this cleaner mixed with BP goo splashed on my prescription safety glasses. As I wiped the spots off I noticed it had removed the anti glare/scratch finish off the lens!

I stopped using this Miracle that day and went back to water and a bit of soap. Soon after that I also stopped using those Chap stick scented Miracle greased patches in competition.
   Hope you can read these pages!
You may want to read my other articles on 1000 shot lubes and see how you've been had by that marketing miracles. Bore Butter & Mineral Oil

 Attached is the article:




Now if you want I can sell you a bottle of Scented Chap-Stick. Who am I to stop progress.
Regards BPB

Warning about windshield washer fluids: 
Windshield washer fluid anti freeze chemical is Methanol. Hey so mix away.

Incompatibility (Material to Avoid): Incompatible with beryllium dihydride; metals; oxidants; potassium tertbutoxide; carbon tetrachloride + metals; dichloromethane. Can react vigorously with oxidizing materials.
Explosive reaction with chloroform + sodium methoxide; diethyl zinc. Violent reaction with alkyl aluminum salts;
acetyle bromide; chloroform + sodium hydroxide; CrO3; cyanuric chloride; (I + ethanol + HgO); Pb(CIO4)2; HCIO4;
P2O3; (KOH + CHCI2); nitric acid.1
Hazardous Decomposition or By-products: When methanol is heated to decomposition, carbon dioxide and
carbon monoxide may be produced, as well as formaldehyde may be produced, and it emits acrid smoke and
irritating fumes. 1
Lewis, Richard J., Sr.: Sax’s Dangerous Properties of Industrial Materials, Eighth Edition. New York, New
York: Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1992.




No comments: